4 ways to improve your game right now. Are you frustrated that you aren’t winning at the poker table? Well these tips will surely help you.
In this article I’m going to discuss a few poker tips you can implement right now to help improve you game. If you aren’t currently making the money you would like at the poker table you surely need some work put into you.
The first tip is a very simple one, but what it really boils down to is to define what game you are playing. Typically the majority of players play a game like Texas Hold Em and lose horribly, because they aren’t playing SNGs.
4 Ways to Improve Your Game Right Now, Define the Game
- Are you playing for a piece of the money?
- Are you playing for a raise of the pot?
- Are you playing for a flopped flush?
- Are you playing for a low-card?
- Are you playing for anything?
If you aren’t playing for anything, you probably aren’t playing for any cash. When you aren’t playing for anything, you are playing for nothing.
A great way to win SNGs is to pick a game you are comfortable with, one that you have mastered. One that you have found a way to win at. Once you have picked a game and a strategy or two. Most of your other difficulties will fall into place. You will be able to win at much higher levels, at much faster rates.
Another tip is to know when to quit. The game is probably going to take you a while to learn, especially on the tables where blinds rises faster. If the game is taking too long, the odds tilt the other way. Meaning you have to wait for a long time to win a lot of money. If you realize that the slot online game you are playing is taking too long, drop your buy-in and move to another game.
Are You Winning SNGs or Not?
The most important thing to remember when playing online is that you can’t win every tournament or card game. Even if you make the final table in a huge tournament, you might have luck on your side only enough to place second or third.
In order to win at poker, you sometimes have to fight off the weaker players, those who are out playing you. In order to protect your money, these guys have to be taken care of.
Two ways to handle them is to either play even more aggressively or loosen up and play more cards, bluffing too much and taking the chance to really pile up on them.
One of the golden secrets to being successful in poker is to be aggressive. If you have a lot of chips to protect, you can bully and repel. If you don’t want this kind of attention, be more subtle and wait for a good spot.
No single strategy will ever work every time, you are bound to win some and lose some. However, you might find that a strategy like tight aggressive or loose aggressive will work better for you. repel off the weaker players and attract the better ones.
This is what you want to do:
- Play at least 75% or 80% of your hands, preferably a lot more
- Play very aggressive, bet and raise using solid hand percentages
- Know when to fold and be ready to move all in with the best hand
The perfect strategy at the perfect tables:
- Read the table and be educated in all technical aspects of the game
- Play and adapt to the players you are playing against
- Try out a few new strategies and if you are struggling, be patient and play another table or two
Poker Strategy Software Program
Using a poker strategy software program can also be very useful and below are some guidelines to would improve your game.
- Learn to handle all flops and trends; knowing what and how to react to different opponents
- Don’t be afraid to play low pairs and middle suited cards if no one is raising the pot.
- Know your opponent and be ready to read his tendencies and respond accordingly.
- Calculate your pot odds and outs if you are in a situation where you may be beat
- Don’t be afraid to call a bet/raise if you know you are beaten
- Play some hands from the blinds if no one has raised the pot before you
- Look for tells and take mental notes on the players at the table
- Conversely, for button players, if no one has raised the pot, be more willing to call/raise
- Don’t be in a hurry to make your move, unless you think you have the best hand
One of the most important factors of perfecting your poker strategy is to be able to read your opponents. Most players are not going to have a tell you apart. If you can master this art, you will be able to win at Texas Hold em, Omaha, Draw poker and stud poker. Good luck! / Dy
Read More: Playing the Game of Poker